If you are facing a problem in the selection of the best litter box for your cats, you are at the right place. This article will help you in selecting the best litter box for your messy cats. Each cat has its own measures for selecting the litter box.
If you are not dealing it sensibly it will be a great problem for you. Many cats are happy with everything about the litter box, but it is not happening with the messy cats. Sometimes cats got an infection that’s why wisely selection is most essential.
Reasons why the cat is making the mess.
Many people use the litter box for cats. So that cats use it to do business. Both outdoor and indoor cats use the litter box. To keep an eye on your cat’s health, litter boxes help you to maintain their health. Few cats make a lot of mess while using the litter box.
- It mostly happens when you do not clean the litter box frequently. Cats feel uncomfortable in a messy area that’s why they make a mess to clean their sitting area probably.
- If the litter remains wet and you did not clean the litter box or tray your cat will reject to use the litter box.
- Cats create a mess when the size of the litter box or tray would small. Because cats have to struggle to move in the box or tray so that it kicks the litter out of the box. While they try to hide their waste.
- It also creates a mess when litter box share with other cats. If your cat smells the litter of other cats it will reject to use the litter box to do business.
- When you do not clean the litter box frequently your cat makes a mess due to the overfilling of the tray.
- Another reason for the mess is your cat does not like the litter tray.
1. IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box with Cat Litter Scoop
Many modern litter boxes meet the need of both i.e. cats and humans. Most of them are too expensive for what they are. The iris top entry litter box fulfills all that requirements within a reasonable price. This litter box has round boundaries and small outline make it best to put it at any place.
This litter box comes in many different colors including white, gray and black that add beauty in house decor. The finest thing about iris top entry litter box is its functionality. Its close design with high walls helps to control the litter inside the box and contain the spray. Wider opening helps the cats to get in and out. Its uneven top cover removed the litter from your cat’s paws that help to clean the surrounding area.
This litter box has a scoop that hangs to the hook on the outside of the litter box which helps in fast and easy cleaning. This litter box prevents odor. This litter box made up of plastic and has a dimension of 16.14″L x 20.47″W x 14.56″H. its controlled size help to put it on small areas.
- The wide top entry that makes easy entry and exit.
- The closed design prevents litter scattering and Control odor
- Uneven/ grooved lid remove the litter from the cat’s paws.
- Keep distancing from the other animals.
- Rounded boundaries help in cleaning because litter does not stick on the edges.
- Easily adjustable at any place.
- Provide privacy to cats.
- This litter box available in different colors.
- It is not good enough for older cats.
- Unmanageable locking system.
- Plastics quality should be fine.
- No handles on the sides.
- It requires a lot of effort to stretch in.
2. AmazonBasics No-Mess Hooded
Your lovely feline would surely be happy, if you buy this amazing litter box because, it is capacious, hooded & exquisitely designed. At present, a simple and reasonable solution, AmazonBasics Hooded Cat Litter Box is serving the best purpose when it comes to offering the felines some privacy and liberty.
This box comes under the category of the best- covered litter boxes due to its incredible features. Made with odor and stain- resilient polypropylene plastic, this litter box has enough space thus making it a perfect option for cat lovers having more than one cat.
Some top features of the AmazonBasics No-Mess Hooded Cat Litter Box
- This handy litter box is properly covered to let cats feel more secure
- The lid of the litter box is closed & cats cannot open it, however, users can open the top easily to clean the box
- To reduce unpleasant odors, replaceable carbon filters can be used as they will help in creating a welcoming and fresh environment that felines would enjoy.
- The size of the hooded litter box is considered ideal for a multi-cat household.
In other words, the AmazonBasics hooded cat litter box is the most preferred & top-rated litter box currently available in the market due to the number of obvious reasons.
No matter how much people love their pets especially cats, it is important to pay special attention to cleaning the cat litter box. This box is designed in such a contemporary manner so that users can lift-off the hood easily whenever they want to clean the litter box.
Likewise, the carbon filters work perfectly to manage the proper flow of air while eliminating unpleasant odors. Most importantly, the top cover of the litter box can be removed so changing the litter is just a breeze.
It lets felines enjoy the added privacy with the addition of a Snap-On cover along with a swinging door that gives hassle-free in & out access for them. Additionally, it is pretty close to being an inexpensive product available right now.
- Litter has to be manually sifted and taken out on time. This would be indeed necessary if your cat is particular about cleanliness and sanitation.
- Quality controlling can be an issue sometimes, however, the company provides a replacement facility.
3. Omega Paw Roll ‘n Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box
The omega paw rolls ‘n clean self-cleaning litter box consists of unique features to effectively handle the pet’s litters. It is constructed as a grill system that collects the cat litter into a easily detachable litter tray. For self-cleaning of litter box, you simply have to roll it onto the top of the detachable tray that will remove the litter and roll it down upright.
It is very easy to clean due to this removable tray and you can do it without bending. This litter box is available in two sizes i.e. Regular and large. This self-cleaning litter box is designed with high- quality plastic. This litter box can control odor and dust and keep your home clean. It can works effectively without using any filters, liners, and electricity.
- Easy to use and clean because of the adjustable lid
- Time-efficient; because it required less time to clean
- Removable waste/litter tray.
- No electricity required
- Easy to handle
- Clips are made up of plastic, it can break if you shut it down forcefully
- Difficulty in attaching the hood.
- Sometimes feces/poo stuck on the screen
- Waste falls from the litter tray.
- Required enough place to roll
4. Petmate Booda Dome Clean Step Cat Litter Box
Petmate booda dome clean step cat litter box helps you in providing a well ordered, step designed structure to take away the litter from the cat’s appendages. Privacy is provided by its hooded top. It’s detachable top make it easier for you to remove litter while cleaning. It is consist of built-in handle that is efficiently helpful in cleaning as well as lifting and replacing. It provide you confident placement of litter box in any room of the home.
This dome clean step litter box has blocking ability and its wider opening provide trouble-free entrance and exit. It is a covered litter box this design help to limit the litter within the litter box. It has 21 1/2″ x 19 1/2″ dimensions. It is made up of non-sticky walls so litter does not stick on the plastic and keeps your litter box clean.
- Keeps litter and dust in the box.
- Keeping the litter area fresh
- Litter does not stick to the plastic.
- Waterproof surface
- Attractive design and colors.
- Perfect for multi-cat homes.
- Easy entry and exit.
- Easy to assemble.
- Low bottom (he tends to pee on the wall where it catches around the edge)
- Short steps/less space in the litter area; litter falls out when lid open.
- Unique shape; comparatively hard to clean.
- The top part falls so easily.
What factors to consider when the cat is making the mess?
Other than medical issues, some factors that need to be considered when your cat is making the mess few of them are listed below;
1. Change the litter box
If your cat litter unexpectedly outside the litter box in your home then it could happen due to the size of the litter tray either it is small or congested. Cats are naturally fussy, they will reject to use the litter box because of overfilling. If you are not clean it frequently your cats make a great mess.
2. Avoid sharing
One of the possible reasons for cats why they make a mess? Cat creates a mess when litter box share with other cats. If your cat smells the litter of other cats it will reject to use the litter box to do business. To control the mess, you have to avoid sharing.
3. Change the location
If your cat does not use the litter box and create mess it could be due to the location of the litter box that your cat does not like. Put the litter box in the silent area instead of a noisy area like at the corner of the living or bedroom under the table etc.
4. Frequent Cleaning
Cats are naturally fussy. They will reject to use the litter box because of overfilling. If you are not cleaning it frequently then your cats make a great mess.
5. Medical issues
If your cat uses the litter box more than their normal routine. Visit doctors to avoid a big loss.